Highlights of recently deployed Content Translation changes:
- One of the most common complaints about the Content Translation editing interface was that it’s too easy to remove a paragraph and there is no way to undo it. The button that removes the paragraph was in the “Automatic translation” card, which confused many translators. To address this, this card was completely redesigned, to make editing and configuring machine translation easier. (task description)
- For several days links to foreign languages were inserted instead of internal links. This was fixed. (bug report)
- ISBN links were frequently added with <nowiki> tags. This is now fixed. (bug report)
- Some users couldn’t save translations and saw as “Internal database error”. This was fixed. (bug report)
- Many fixes were made for common citation templates in Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Welsh and other languages (see T142753 for an example of such a fix). This is a step towards generally more robust support for template adaptation (in progress), which will give translators and wiki editing communities more flexibility, ease and control of the translated content.