The Content Translation developers are preparing to deploy the first version of a major new feature: Translation suggestions. This means that there are a few new strings to translate in Content Translation’s own user interface .
To make it possible to deploy this feature in your language with full translation, please do the following:
- If you haven’t already, create an account at translatewiki.net and follow the instructions to get translator rights.
- Check the ContentTranslation localization statistics for your language.
- If your language is not at 100%, click your language’s name and translate all the untranslated strings. Simply click the English string, type the translation and save.
That’s it! Your translations will be live on Wikipedia in your language within a couple of days.
The Content Translation tool is being continuously developed and new strings are added every few days, so it’s a very good idea to do the above at least once a week to ensure that Content Translation is fully localized all the time.
For more information about the user interface localization of Content Translation and other MediaWiki see the following articles:
- Translating MediaWiki
- Localisation guidelines for translatewiki.net
- Amir Aharoni’s Quasi-Pro Tips for Translating the Software That Powers Wikipedia